Thursday, February 16, 2012

Grammy Awards 2012 (Red Carpet)

Look, I'm done trying to imagine all the red carpet looks on myself. I've done two posts which are more of a personal window shopping but the truth is, I like to pretend that I'm a professional fashion critic for A-listers. There, I said it. I like to be the Anna Wintour or Andre Leon Talley of red carpets. I like to comment on anything red carpet FASHYOWN, dates included. LOL

It's a given fact that the Grammys is the perfect time to be all weird and experimental with your looks (e.g. Gaga and Nicki) but nothing beats the classic Hollywood glam, which some of the singers actually opted. 

So this is the new era of my red carpet post folks. I have slept through this decision day and night and I have finally seen the light. Ahh! The 'eureka moment' of my blogging life. I have finally listed down my top 10 best dressed list. Yes, you heard (or read) it right. 10 NOT 5. And I am channeling the Andre Leon Talley in me at the moment so let me present to you my top 10 looks..


10. Amber Rose in Versace - First, I love the color on her. Second, it's kind of a cute contrast. A bad-ass woman wearing a clean yellow dress is so interesting. The element of surprise always works every time.



9. Alicia Keys in Alexandre Vauthier - Fierce! This look is so strong and striking but it's still feminine. I could see my future self wearing this actually, minus the hair. A simple pony tail would do for me, thankyouverymuch.



8. Rihanna in custom Armani Prive - Any girl would love to have those curves. I mean seriously? Are you mocking me Riri?! Hahah. A slap to Chris Brown's thick face. This is what it's all about.



7. Adele in custom Armani Prive - The Big Winner! (Not necessarily literally,okay). My ultimate voice-insecurity is the STAR OF THE NIGHT! And I couldn't be prouder. (Feeling close?) This sequined black dress speaks AUTHORITY, in strong contradiction to all her heartbreak songs. Love her to death!



6. Kate Beckinsale in Zuhair Murad - With this face and body, even a sack is enough to put you on the best dressed list. I love her glow! Easy breezy beautiful! 



5. Katy Perry in Ellie Saab - I don't really understand why Katy is all into blue hues now, but it's working for me. It's classy with an edge. Sequins and glitters and my thing so please don't wonder why this is even here.



4.Carrie Underwood in Gomez-Garcia - Almost a carbon copy to Katy's dress. It was kind of weird but these dresses seemed like they were made by one designer don't you think? Still in love with this look, though.



3. Paris Hilton in Basil Soda - In all fairness, she looks very prim and proper here in contrast to her...uhm...image. This looks very effortlessly expensive. (Of course, I don't know what that meant. I just thought it made sense) Love this look on her.



2. Gwyneth Paltrow in Stella McCartney - This dress is more me. Very simple. But WOW. I love how Gwyneth  pulls it off all the time. She has such great taste in fashion. And this is absolutely one of those.



1. Taylor Swift in Zuhair Murad - Okay. I am not 100% excited about this but yeah, she looks so good. Really really good. We'll have to give her credit for changing up a bit with her hair too. And with a dress like that, who needs accessories?





Speaking of accessories...The best ones are always your dates. Drooling over those legs and Adam's cute smirk!




P.S. Pictures are from Getty Images

No comments:

Post a Comment