Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sinulog 2012


If you've read my previous post, you've probably figured out that this year was less grand, less noisy and less festive. And yes, while they're basically all true, my Sinulog was still a great and fun day.


Attended mass and danced to the Sinulog beat afterwards...



Baptism of baby Yve Antoine Marcelino. Sinta was one of her godfathers. Since he spent Sinulog in Kabankalan City, I had to take over as his proxy (for photo-op's sake. :p). 



 Had videoke at the Marcelino's place. We (the Hijas de Maria group) also had our prayer meeting at their humble abode. More videoke right after!!!



And oh, we also had the chance to visit the Sto Niño chapel in Barangay Maslog. The place was overflowing with people! 


Eventually, my feet just gave up on me and I felt super exhausted that I had no choice but to go home and rest. So it was really a simple day for me. But it was filled with lots of dancing, singing, eating, and pictures of course! And now that I think of it, it actually doesn't matter where you spend Sinulog or any other occasion on the calendar. Sinulog is all about thanksgiving. And I (together with all the others) celebrated it that day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment