Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Exhibit for a Cause

It's one of those days when you just want to lay on your bed and sleep the whole day. Ugh. Weekend hangover!!! I'm all sniffing and cursing at the weather today so when Sinta asked to go out on a Monday night, I was anything but excited. But since today is an important day for him and the rest of his photographer friends, I half-willingly agreed to go. Plus the Giga Fries BBQ flavor (which is my favorite btw) was a good bribe too! Hahah.

Anyway, it's 1 in the morning and I should be sleeping right now. However, I feel like I had to write something today. So many things happened and all I have is a bunch of mixed emotions. First  of, I mentioned about cursing at the terrible weather. The sun was excruciatingly painful today. Second, we received a sad news in the neighborhood. Our neighbor's newborn baby just passed away. He was only four days old. :-( (I think I will write about it in a different post) But my day wasn't all negative vibes of course. 

I also had my simple joys today. For the first time, Sinta's group One Photo organized a fund-raising event for the Sendong victims. They are selling their photos at a certain price to collect a considerable amount of money to donate to all the victims of the typhoon. 


 Sinta submitted some of his works so I went there to see them all. 





These are some of the pictures he submitted:



It was a weekday so there weren't very many spectators. We saw some very interested ones though. Too bad they couldn't afford the pictures..


The exhibit runs 'til the 14th of February so anyone who reads this post can drop by the Robinsons Place Dumaguete (Atrium area) and marvel at the pictures. (CHOS!) Hopefully, you buy stuff too! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment