Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Sinulog 2011


It is Sinulog weekend once again and it sucks big time to be me right now because I won't be able to go to Cebu. The moment I found out that I can't go was the moment I had my first  tears this year. (Second time was when I thought I lost Sinta's receipts yesterday. Phew!)


Anyway, I decided to do a self-torture today by reminding myself of how great I spent my Sinulog last year. I was in Cebu the whole time (because I was working) and I had  Mama and Sinta come over to celebrate with me. And since almost all of my college friends (Ka-gangs) were in Cebu, we unanimously agreed to celebrate it altogether.    


Dinner at my place!
Cebu Capitol with Sinta
Sto Niño booths at the Fuente Osmeña cirle 
Sto Niño booths at the Fuente Osmeña cirle

Continue Reading...




PROCESSION (January 15, 2011)

This was my first-ever procession where I got all wet from head to toe. Everyone got wet actually. But  the pouring rain didn't really stop all of the people. They didn't mind at all. I miss that feeling.





FIESTA AND SINULOG FESTIVAL (January 16, 2011)

Sinta, Mama and I had to wake up very early since we needed to attend the earliest mass to avoid too many people. Turned out that these guys thought the same thing too and the earliest mass was still so jampacked!

Mass at the Basilica 
Mass at the Basilica 
Mass at the Basilica 

We headed our way to the Fuente Osmeña circle to meet up with the others to watch the street dances. We had a good spot! We basically just killed the time inside the circle while waiting for it to start. Pictures below are Sinta's takes (he registered in the Photo Contest).









Of course, what is Sinulog Festival without beautiful floats and celebrities on them? First time to witness so many celebrities all in one day!!! Here are some of the celebs who joined the festival among others...


Jhong Hilario, Alyssa Alano, Chariz Solomon

Solenn Heussaff and Rhian Ramos

Cristine Reyes
Yasmien Kurdi
Ogie Alcasid
Julia Montes and that Kapamilya teen star (very  familiar but I don't know his name)
Jake Cuenca and my precious ECHO!!!


Can't help myself but smile over these photos. Such great memories! And instead of whining over what I would miss this weekend, I decided to enjoy what I've got this time. Isn't so bad after all, actually. I've got so much to be thankful for...


Viva Snr Sto. Niño! Viva!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment