Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Another Angel Above


As what I mentioned in my previous post, we received a very sad news yesterday. Our neighbor's four day-old son passed away after being confined right after birth. According to his Lola, the baby had a failing health and he suffered from pneumonia. The baby's mother is a first-time mom and she wasn't well-equipped yet with all the information about what was happening inside her body, which later on complicated a lot of things. According to the doctor, her water broke a few days before she gave birth but she wasn't able to figure it out right away. I'm not really medically-inclined but from what I heard, the baby's health started to deteriorate from that moment. He got out of her mom's womb alive so it was a miracle. And the fact that he lasted for four days was already a blessing.


However, I guess you couldn't say that when you are his expecting parent, or even grandparents. The anticipation was already there and the moment you see your baby just makes you visualize the next 10 or 20 years together...


 But he died four days after..


I couldn't even imagine how it feels like to be his mom or dad. Yesterday when we went to see the baby, everyone in the neighborhood was there and they were in the middle of a conversation about pregnancy and giving birth. Of course I couldn't comment on anything because I do not have a first-hand experience about it. But one of them recalled my mom's experience. I also had an older brother who died right after birth. One of our neighbors remembered how hard it was to be the one to tell my mom that her baby was dead. My mom had a feeling from the start, but hearing the news for the first time was just as painful. 


His name is Mark Gabriel. Smile (my 5 year-old god daughter) asked her mom why the baby died right away and her mom told her that heaven needs another angel so God took him away from his parents. Confused, Smile asked another question, "Why? Aren't they complete up there already?" And her mom answered, "No. They need more" And so she paused and sighed. 


Maybe it IS just that simple after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment