Thursday, January 26, 2012

Golden Globes 2012 (Red Carpet)


I've only had the chance to watch the awards night on TV a few hours ago so please excuse this late topic. I've always been a fan of awards nights (local or international) for two very important reasons (in percentages): 

  • The winners = 10 %
  • RED CARPET = Yes, that's right fellas. A whooping 90% (with matching fireworks)

I'm pretty sure a lot of people can totally relate with me. I mean, yeah Meryl Streep, Michelle Williams and George Clooney won. But the heck I care!!! Acting is totally overrated and it's absolutely easy to do! (?!*#&$%) You know what's difficult? It is obviously finding the best gown, shoes, purse, accessories AND date. And please don't get me started with hair and make-up! Oh God. I can only imagine the amount of pressure and hard work the stylists and their assistants had to go through. So if you're reading this Rachel Zoe, I feel you girl! LOL

Anyway, as much as I would love to list down my top best and worst dressed list here, I am in no appropriate position to do that. I'm just a PRETTY country girl living in a less glamorous life.

So what's on my mind? I listed down my top picks. These are the top looks that would totally look good on me. Take note, it's not a best-dressed list but more of a personal window shopping. Makes sense? So here goes...


5. Taissa Farmiga in Vera Wang - I'm all about the nudes! This dress is perfect for my body. Love the hair AND her smile. If there's one thing I want to add, it'd definitely be a classy bib necklace and some cuffs. But the 'less is more' thing still works just fine.
Taissa Farmiga of American Horror Story

4. Jessica Chastain in Givenchy - This look definitely screams CLASS. Very Kate Middleton. I'm definitely digging this, well, except for the hair. Heheh.
Jessica Chastain of The Help


3.  Evan Rachel Wood in Gucci - I love the Mulawin theme! Hahah. Seriously, I could have picked a different one but this is just so unique. I hate fish tail gowns because they don't look good on me.   But I think I could totally pull this one off. :-p
Evan Rachel Wood of Midred Pierce

2. Jessica Alba in Gucci - She does it all the freaking time! Sigh. Why are you so perfect Jessica? *Sigh* I could go to prom with that dress right now and be the Queen of the Night in an instant. Love the whole look.

And my top pick ladies and gentlemen is from one of the favorites of this generation...

1. Emma Stone in Lanvin - One word: STUNNER! Honestly, if the dress looks 3 shades lighter, it would resemble that of Nerisse (a local bakeshop). This darker one makes all the difference in the world. Hot and Sexy! Rarrr! I love everything about it. And since it isn't too form-fitting, this would definitely be my favorite. Comfort and style all in one. 



There were other gorgeous celebs rocking their sparkly ensembles that night too (e.g. Angelina Jolie, Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman, etc.) but I couldn't pull off those gowns because I do not have their selfish kinds of bods so I'm sticking to my list. And no, I am not  sour graping. :-p


But if there's one person I would want to be that day?
Sofia Vergara. 


Ggrrr. That Body!!!


P.S. Pictures are all from Getty Images.

No comments:

Post a Comment