Monday, February 29, 2016

Oscars 2016 Feels


Okay so I have lived to see Leo DiCaprio finally win an Oscar! This is how it feels, amirite people? Anyway, I have finally been brought down back to earth after having the ultimate high of watching Leo win an Oscar. I mean that's what we all waited for today right? 

This year's Academy Awards didn't have all the grand production/presentations from last year mainly because we don't have Neil Patrick Harris as the host. But boy oh boy that Chris Rock actually rocked the night with all his funny antics. This year was quite controversial because of the lack of diversity of the nominees prompting the outrage and the hashtag #OscarsSoWhite but the host appropriately (or inappropriately) addressed the issue all throughout the night. It was fun, entertaining and savage at times. Heheh. 

I personally loved all the winners this year. I have watched most of the nominees/films and I pretty much agree with the turnout. Naks! Feeling Oscar jury hahah. Anyway, here are my favourite moments of the night:

1. The Outfits, obvs.
My favorite looks of the night!



2. Chris Rock's opening monologue
(currently looking for the complete video)

3. The Speeches:

So love this speech. This hit me quite hard and inspired me all at the same time.

From the documentary short, A Girl in the River: The Price of Forgiveness this badass of a director spoke about how this film changed the heart of the Pakistan's prime minister on honor killings. Just wow. 


Although this wasn't technically an acceptance speech, the Veep definitely delivered some powerful statements about the rape culture.


The Best Director deserves an Oscar for the sexiest name nominee. LOL. I love pronouncing Iñarritu so much.


My girl Brie being cute and sweet and never forgetting the effort of other people in making a movie.


Leo slaying it with his Best Actor speech turned into a climate change lecture. But we are not complaining. We have waited for this anyway. Leo is Leo!

No comments:

Post a Comment