Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Preggo Diaries: The Second Trimester


Chocolate chip cookies. Mango shake. Peanut butter sandwich. Mango shake. Fried bananas. Calamansi juice. Mango shake. These are my constant cravings for the past couple of months. 

The first trimester has been pretty normal as far as my diet is concerned. But maaaan, my second trimester caught up too fast! I gained 4 kilograms in a span of one month! I eat everything I see on the table. Also, I feel like a volcano of raging hormones. I cry, laugh and get pissed at every small detail. My boyfriend ignored my question one morning and I cried for 10 minutes straight. I wanted to drink his last sip of soda, he said no and the argument got so bad I broke off my relationship! That same day, I almost ended up at the hospital because I was literally fuming mad my boyfriend thought I was having a fever! Hahaha!  I still can't believe how crazy pregnancy hormones are. I also cry at the lamest jokes and my laughs are so loud it fills up an entire Fastfood restaurant (another true story).


It is during this trimester though that I felt the sexiest and most beautiful. The tummy has passed its awkward bloating stage and it's turned into a legit bump. People can now recognize I'm actually pregnant! Which works miracles in grocery stores, fast food joints and paying the bills. Yey! I have abused the priority lanes like nobody's business. People have become extra sweet and nice and my boyfriend now cuts my toenails without a flinch! Haha

Best thing about the second trimester is feeling the kicks and movement of the little one. He responds to alternative and rock music consistently and kicks back every time  daddy touches my tummy. Also, I think our son would be able to recognize every Grey's Anatomy character by now since he's been especially active during his parents' Grey's marathons. I haven't figured out his sleeping pattern though because it changes every now and then. But it's comforting to know that this tiny human is being comfortable inside mommy's tummy.

We are officially down to our last trimester and I'm all emotional trying to wrap my head around all of this. I'm almost thereeeee!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment