Saturday, August 26, 2017

Life Changes in a Heartbeat


This time last year, I was living a pretty normal life. I just got into a new relationship, loved the work I did and was enjoying some free time with friends and family. 

A week after, my mother was diagnosed with cervical cancer. Two weeks later, we had to move to Cebu for her series of treatments and I had to quit work indefinitely. Then I found myself living back  in Cebu for around 6 months. It was unquestionably the hardest and longest six months of my life. 

Three months ago, my boyfriend successfully passed his bar examinations and everybody was celebrating. A few days later, my mother finally succumbed to her illness after a very hard-fought battle. She was finally laid to rest. 

A month ago my boyfriend and I found out we were pregnant and we are now a pair of paranoid expecting parents. Currently, I'm back to work and starting to have a new routine. A brand new life.

Safe to say I had a year full of the highest highs and the lowest lows. It has been a crazy 12 months to say the least. But every single thing and endeavor had a lot to teach. I have become a different person after everything.

The thing is, life changes in a heartbeat. Sometimes, life is devastating. Other times, it's brilliantly wonderful. Here's to more meaningful roller coaster rides. Thank you Lord for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment